Friday 13 February 2015

Getting better

Friday 13th February

After a week of this miserable cold its finally shifting, I am sleeping through without coughing, I only have an occasional coughing fit and I feel much better in myself, I am now back to eating normally after losing half a stone in 3 days through not eating, so feeling more positive today, even now thinking could I manage Grizzly!!!!??? I wont know until I get out again, might manage a short run tomorrow and a bike ride on Sunday, that will tell me how I feel, I was tempted to go today, but its pouring with rain and very windy so will use the cold as an excuse once again, don't want to go 2 steps back!!!

I did manage to get outside yesterday and trim some of the beech hedging, I did have back ache when I had finished, but thought the fresh air did some good. So hopefully will get back into the swing of things quickly, I have booked my spinning class for next Tuesday evening so that will be another indicator, although must remember to take it a little easier, perhaps the HRM might help and keep that down.

This keeping fit lark is very hard work, and I am envious of those people who manage to avoid colds, aches and pains etc and seem to keep fit, take Gordon whose Blog I follow, is quite an inspiration  http://oldrunningfox.blogspot.co.uk/ in his 80s and still running well, and his latest post of running on the fells is very much an inspiration to just get on with it, Gordon  was  poorly a few weeks ago, but now is back to running up to 10 miles across the fells, respect to you Gordon [if you read this] if you don't then respect anyway :-)
Then there is John Kynaston   http://johnkynaston.com/ whose running miles and speeds I could only ever dream of, he is never ill!! how does he avoid colds and other injuries??? and do so many miles?

I can feel my enthusiasm coming back, what I need now is to get out, but! I think the closest I will get today is to Tesco in the car for a nice custard slice for tea!!!! the hills and trails will still be there tomorrow !

No comments:

Post a Comment