Sunday 26 October 2014

A working week and a celebratory weekend

Monday October 25th


With four days Bikeability last week in local schools in Wellington and Bridgwater, it was a hard week, leaving little time except for dark evenings for getting out running or cycling. I did manage on two days to cycle into Bridgwater by parking on the outskirts to avoid getting stuck in the traffic, so a couple of miles each way, each day on my folding bike. The weather has been very changeable with high winds and heavy rain, however, I did manage to avoid most of it and only had one soaking.

My only outing midweek on Friday afternoon was a 5.37 mile around town; this seemed very hard after five days off! taking me a couple of miles to feel comfortable. I was hoping to keep up a regular three times a week run, I have failed miserably this week to achieve that!! Must try harder in future to keep up my fitness.

The weekend was a busy family weekend with both sons, their wives, grand daughter and of course Bramble the dog! Daughter was down in Plymouth so unable to join the ‘mini’ celebration of Mrs IanB’s birthday.


Sunday [26th Oct]  we managed a walk down Seaton with coffee, fruit shoot and tea cakes, a stiff wind kept it cool with grey skies giving a colourless palette to the sea and sky. G daughter enjoyed the chance to run and jump. One son went off early to an agility competition day  with Bramble and we waved cheerio to Gdaughter after lunch. I did manage to get out before tea for a 5.06 mile run around the town, I seem to be averaging around the 9.2 minutes per mile on local runs, yesterdays run seemed to go well, I felt ok and my calf muscle also appears to be behaving with no niggles etc. Sunday was also the Dorset 3 Peaks or the Stickler, I can’t believe its been a whole year since running the event last year, only seems like yesterday, perhaps I will look at it again next year, it was a nice event.

This weekend also saw the clocks go back so the very dark evenings are back, we can look forward to December 21st, the shortest day, we then know spring will be on its way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment