Sunday 3 January 2016

First run of the year

3rd January 2016

It never seems to get any easier, you would think that as I ran a half marathon in October and been running at least twice a week approx 5/6 miles each time that running would be easier!! but no, I went out yesterday afternoon and after 8.57 miles at an average pace of 10.02 mins/mile  it was hard! as ever!! I admit it did rain really hard after the first couple of miles and I battled round lanes that I had to edge round very large floods! and then to finish off 2 miles into the wind and uphill.

I just wonder sometimes why it never seems to get easier, and no I am no quicker either?

Anyway that is  the first run of the new year, given I got very wet and its pouring down this morning and gale force winds I was pleased I got out. 

Not sure if it will clear sufficiently to get out for a short [25 mile]  cycle ride today ?

No comments:

Post a Comment