Wednesday 9 September 2015

Historic couple of weeks

Thursday 10th September


The past week has been fabulous weather, warm and dry, but! With a tinge of Autumn in the air in the evenings.
It has also been a historic week for our family as we celebrated the arrival on September the 2nd of beautiful identical twin boys to my son Tim and his wife, all is well and after several days with them and the grand daughter we came home to leave them to enjoy family life. The boys were a healthy weight at 5.5lbs and seem to be coping well in their new world.

The Herepath Half seems to be getting closer and I have also entered the Minehead Stumble, an 7 mile multi terrain run over the Minehead hills, done it twice before, a really nice event. The run is a week before the HPH so should be good training.
Just about managing to keep up with getting out to run and cycle, the 75 mile cycle with Blackmore Vale CTC from Yeovil to Compton Abbas with lunch at the airfield, over the Dorset hills, a lovely day out through some beautiful countryside. Otherwise 40 + miles around the levels, usually at a good pace averaging 15 mph.
Running, I have raised the mileage to 7.65 miles with what for me is a good pace of 9.21 minutes a mile, I now have to increase this to meet the 14 miles needed for the half marathon, I am trying to get out three times a week, my target was 100 mile cycle and 20 mile run, but the twins arrival saw me reduce this! Spinning carries on, important now the evenings are drawing in, still hard work and I always come home, very tired!! My hamstring tendonitis still nags, giving me a pain in the bum! And its strange how all the other niggles are never far from the surface, niggly knee, shin splints and my calf muscle, I just need to keep an eye on them as I increase my mileage.
August was a good month with 67 miles run and 391 miles cycled bringing my totals for the year of 290 run and 2532 cycled.
Meanwhile we hope to enjoy our new grandchildren William and George, I just hope I can tell the difference!!!!

No trips out in the Campervan lately, this time last year we were in Norfolk, maybe we will get time before the winter really begins to escape for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment