Friday 2 January 2015

The week after Christmas, Blog birthday!!

January 2nd 2015


Since I started the Blog this time last year I have managed to cycle 2784 miles and run 612 miles which is further than 2013, it’s the furthest I have ever runJ I am sure that if I had not had flu for the 3 weeks in December I might have managed to hit 3000 on my bike, hey ho! That’s the target to beat this year. Its been a good year for exercise, 150k Audax completed, ‘the Beast’ 12 mile run was a highlight, not quite as many ‘fell walks’ as I would have liked, but we have been away in the van for about four weeks in total + lots of days out.

It was a lovely Christmas with time spent with sons and their families, Gdaughter was delightful as ever, this time it was hide and seek!! With much time standing behind curtains and under the stairs.
The week between Christmas and New Year I managed a 7 mile run with Tim over Neroche [rather than the planned Sidmouth run, logistics wouldn’t work!!] a fantastic morning run in the sunshine on a crisp cold morning, I seem to do two strides to his one!!! a very hard spinning session where I managed to maintain 80% Max heart rate for the 45mins, my aim is to do two sessions a week and 50 miles on 2 cycle rides with Mike around the Somerset lanes, one on a very icy morning that had us going very slow at times where water had run over the road, at least the bike stayed clean
The weather has been changeable each day giving us freezing ice conditions but no snow, warm muggy weather and grey damp days, seem to alternate.
Over Christmas I am re reading ‘Feet in the Clouds’ a wonderful inspiring book about Fell running and particularly the ‘Bob Graham round’ a run over 42 summits in the Lake district in 24 hrs, I don’t know how they do it!!!

As it’s the start of the year I am thinking about what I want to achieve this year, I have the Cub run in March, I hope the 5 Tors event will go ahead this year and I would like to do more Audax events and finally do a 200k event. Holidaywise, it would be nice to take the van down to the Alps again. Bikeability will continue, but I will try to restrict to two days a week, and! Finally we may try to move house this year, if I can get my act together to decorate and sort out the garden.
I will continue my Blog for the coming year. Its good to look back over the year, how quickly it has gone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment