Saturday 21 October 2017

A quiet time on the cycling running front

22nd October

Since the last post I have not run due to my continuing Plantar Faciitis, which does ant seem to get any better, I also discovered after my 40 mike cycle ride on my winter bike and winter shoes that it felt worse!! So a bit of a shock. After messaging a friend, he has said the overnight boot works well so I will give this a try. I might try running again soon as I now think it was brought on by my extended French cycling trip.
Anyway this last couple of weeks the focus has been on putting my house on the market and dealing with all the trauma of having people tramp though your house and then not make an offer! We also spent time looking after the grandchildren in Gloucester, which is always good fun.

Over the last couple of weeks I have managed to get and cycle several times a week usually around 45 miles, the roads are now very dirty with farms gathering in their maize crops.

This weekend Storm Brian has visited us, I marshalled the Parkrun at Seaton on a very blustery day with a very high tide, but a lovely morning out and over one hundred runners turned out.

I also this week helped my daughters class visit Dunster castle, a great day out, great weather with lovely children who behaved well on the day.

My next event is an Audax in November called ‘breakfast in Bampton’ a 100 k event in Devon.

Tomorrow, I am off for another Dartmoor walk, southern moor this time, I hope the weather is ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment