Sunday 24 February 2019

Wonderful weather

February 25 th

What a difference a few weeks makes, it’s now, dry warm and sunny! And has been for the past week😀 which means no excuse not to get out to run and cycle especially with the Grizzly only a week and a half away. Over the last couple of weeks I have managed to run up Brent Knoll from home which was really nice, especially as it was a beautiful day and views around were wonderful.

I also managed several long runs 12 miles on local roads and I am pleased to say 12 miles on the Quantocks using one of my old MTB routes as a guide, parking at Holford, going up Hodders, along the ridge to Wills Neck before descending down into Greatwood and Ramscombe via the pipeline MTB route! The climb out was somewhat hard!! I finished by going down Holford Combe  which had changed beyond recognition in places, but still lovely. It was a good trip and I didn’t feel too bad after 1700 ft of climbing! But it also confirmed the Cub and not the Grizzly 😀. I have also managed several cycle rides across the levels, giving me about 70 miles a week  on my bike and 30 miles running.

I hope the weather continues to be good, at least until the Grizzly a week on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment