Monday 11 September 2017

A week in the campervan

12th September 2017

Wet weather once again meant no Wobble for me, it always seems to rain on Wednesday! So Thursday I got 41 miles in over the Blackdowns once again, heading over to Dunkeswell through Churchstanton and Hemyock. I set off in warm sunshine, sadly as I neared Dunkeswell black clouds were on the horizon!! I stopped for a very quick snack to get as far as possible before the first spots of rain, I was on the Luppit Straight and then it came down a very heavy shower, I stopped to put on my jacket under a tree whilst the worst of the weather came through. I remounted and continued on wet roads for the next 4 miles, then!!! It was dry roads for two miles then wet again! So by the time I got home I was wet!

Friday afternoon, it was wheelers ride they do a route over the levels, a group of 7 of us set a good pace to the cafĂ© at Martock 16.7 mph!  the weather was just right, warm and no wind. 51 miles covered. So a good 119 miles cycled this week in preparation for my 80 mile Dorset cycle ride this coming weekend.
But that was before I had a week off in the Campervan !!!

Saturday [2nd Sept] we had a date down in Wimborne, but after queuing for over an hour in Dorchester we turned around and drove home, a very frustrating morning!
Saturday was also the 2nd birthday of our twin grandsons, I cant believe its gone so quickly! So Sunday we were on the Motorway to spend the day with them , party food and cake celebrated a wonderful day. That night we camped at ‘Briarsfield’ once again and really nice site. We were due to look after the grandchildren for two days whilst mum attends inset training for her job as a teacher.

We had a lovely two days playing with the children, bubbles being particularly enjoyable !!! Wednesday I had booked us into the Caravan and Motorhome site near Hereford , the site was on the site of the old railway station at Moorhampton.  


A very clean and quiet site, unfortunately we pitched on the wrong side of the park and found we were never in any of the sunshine! And a fare distance from the toilet block. We spent a couple of days visiting Leominster, Ledbury, Ludlow and Hereford real ‘grockling’ for a few days, Ludlow and Hereford were the highlights both interesting places the architecture dating back to the 16th century, we  were disappointed that Ludlow castle was closed for a Food Festival.

We were also in the ‘black and white’ village area, that is wood framed houses, painted black and white and dating back to the 15th and 16th century, very pretty villages. We were also struck by the agriculture in the area, very rural.

We had a great few days away, the weather was changeable, there was no internet or mobile phone signal on site along with no TV reception, so a few days without technology!! And we missed it.

Saturday we were back at Briarsfield spending Saturday and Sunday with the children again whilst mum ran the Great North Run for ‘Tommys’ charity. So late Sunday evening we drove home after a week away in the Van, no running and no cycling! I was hoping that the rest from running might help my Planter Faciitis.

Monday 11th September was wet and windy again so my planned cycle ride abandoned once again and the morning spent internet banking. By the evening the showers had lessened so I thought I would try a run! I felt OK running no problems, PF not  noticeable 4.7 miles run, it was only when I sat down after the PF set in again!!!!! And quite painful, I really am unsure what to do about it as I have trawled the internet and tried several suggestions, but sadly I think I may have to give up running for a while and hope it goes away. The Half Marathon at the end of October is not looking very promising.


Today [Tuesday] looking showery but I must get a few miles in to prepare for the ride at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment