Thursday 21 September 2017

Cycling no running!

16th September 2017

Tuesday the weather forecast was not good, a fine morning with showers in the afternoon on a strong breeze, the problem is how accurate are they, in the past few days they got it wrong!!!
I decided to get out early and managed a ride across the levels round North Curry, a steady 32 miles starting off in the sunshine and finishing under heavy cloud. Given I hadn’t cycled for over  a week I felt good.

Wobble Wednesday again dawned damp and windy, but it wasn’t raining at meeting time so 8 of us met up to decide where we could go that would give us a tail wind home, which meant going west or at least North West, so Hestercombe House was the destination going over Corfe, Near Wellington and through Bishops Lydeard, a 34 mile ride before coffee, we were lucky with the weather with pleasant sunshine. Hestercombe was quiet for a change now the children had gone back to school.
We left Hestercombe in bright sunshine cycling back over the levels through Creech St Michael  and Shepton Beauchamp, we managed to get to Curland about 10miles from home when the rain came!! It was heavy and windy and the roads were soon running with water, I had brought a lightweight Montane waterproof which helped keep some of the rain out, I had also put my mudguards on my bike ready for the ride on Sunday.

It was a very wet group that arrived back home but by the time we got home the rain stopped and the sun came out, it was a good ride today with 52 miles covered.

Friday was a trip to Exeter to update my iPad, after parting with a large amount of cash on a new one, I was disappointed to find out my internet was down! After a good 40 minutes on the phone with an EE person trying various things to get it back they finally decided I needed a new router!! So now left without internet till I get the new router delivered!

Watch this space!!!


I have decided to stop running for a while [month] to see if my Planter Faciitis improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment