Monday 22 February 2016

Good weather and bad weather


Friday 19th February 2016
It seems to yo yo between one good day and one bad weather day at the moment. After a splendid run on Monday down the coast, and a good day clearing out some of the garden on Tuesday, Wednesday dawned very, very wet and windy, not good for the tree surgeon I had coming to trim a couple of trees and cut down another! In the end the weather was so wet that they gave up at lunch time being very wet, at least they managed to trim back my oak a little, back next week to do more.
Thursday in contrast was another cracking start to the day, a little frost, but clear blue skies and sunshine. I decided I needed a bike ride as my arms and legs were still aching from the kettlebells session on Wednesday night, I really struggled in the session, swapping my 5kg weight back to 4kg!
I went round a known route over the levels, I thought I would see how the Muchelney road had been affected by the flooding seeing as it cost millions to put in! the fields either side showed signs of ots of water and crossing the bridge the water was very high, but the road was clear, it did say on the radio the other road to Langport was shut, but I didn’t check!
This is a lovely ride I covered 39 miles and through some of the nicest sounding village names you could come across – Kingsbury Episcopi, Thorney Lakes, Muchelney, Drayton, Hambridge [no Archer connection] Curry Mallet, Beer Crocombe, Crock Street. There was little or no wind and I did stop at Muchelney bridge for a snack.
I also did a 6.1 mile run in the afternoon, I thought running on tired legs would help my endurance!!! So a hard day, hence no spinning on Thursday last week, I don’t know if helped my endurance!!!!
I have decided to give Kettle bells a miss for a couple of weeks, it does seem to irritate my Ham string and an old broken wrist injury from a few years ago.
Monday 22nd Feb saw me on my 10 mile run, good time of 9.41 mile pace my best time is 9.38 so not to different I did feel comfortable today, the  weather was good, a little chilly, I did take a drink, but the roads were cleaner today!!!!
Should get out Wednesday for a long off road run, can’t decide between coast or Quantocks, as I havnt been to the Quantocks for ages, I could do a good 15 mile off road, weather forecast is good.

Somerton Bikeability on Thursday and Friday so not much chance for a longer run.

No comments:

Post a Comment