Monday 16 October 2023

What a weather change! And an odd week🥺

 Today is Monday 16 th Oct and whilst it’s not many days since the last post I thought! It’s too cold to go out! And feel very lazy after a somewhat harrowing trip to the Dentist for our first ‘private’ check up😡 after 20  mins, the most horrendous de scale I have ever had, 2 X-rays and a whip round to ‘look’ at my teeth a nice little earner for them at £170 for each of us, that’s £340 for approx 50 mins work !!  Still in shock I am turning to my blog😊

Secondly I did a PSA test on Thursday last, as I have an enlarged prostate and like to be sure I am ok, I said previously I did it myself, struggled to get blood out ( am I tight fisted😂) I had the results on Friday which said my result had gone up from 1.5 to 5.9 some 290% !! In a year as the 5.9 was top of the scale for my age I did Ask My GP to get a second test  and a doctor phoned me back, informing me that as I had an UTI infection and taken anti biotics in the last three months it’s likely to be elevated as shown!! And to get a blood test possibly mid November, phew!! That was a relief and hoping that in a month things will calm down and I won’t be destined for the big ‘C’ 🥺

Back to biking 😊 not a bad week weather wise, more later! I managed 3 rides, the first on to test out my winter bike, which felt small,  uncomfortable and decidedly slower than my Titanium summer bike! 26 miles covered at a steady 14 mph including a head wind home! 

The second ride on Saturday started well in bright 15 degree sunshine on my Titanium bike, out over Tealham Moor, via Mark, over to Wedmore then things changed, the temperature dropped, 6.8 degs the rain and hail started and had to shelter for a few minutes whilst the worst went through, I continued back through Blackford and Mark before the rain stopped, by which time I was very chilly! My New Boardman jersey and my pertex montane had kept the most at bay, oh and the mudguards, but my hands even with full gloves were very cold. By the time I reached home in Burnham on Sea it had risen to 11 degs and it hadn’t rained there!! 29 miles covered.

Determined to make the most of the better weather on Sunday I was out again, dressed as the previous day, no rain forecast and bright sunshine, chilly at only 13 degs, but!! No wind a good 29 miles again, at an average of 14.4 mph, well pleased with that and the fact it was dry and no wind 😊

Today in contrast again the temperature was only 3.5 degrees so autumn is here ! 


Before the rains! 

In the rain 
Bit of flooding
Floodwater


No comments:

Post a Comment