Sunday 15 May 2016

What no cycling or running??

Monday 16th May

A whole 2 weeks without running or cycling!! But I hope to get a few cycling miles in this morning.
Helping my eldest son fit a new bathroom and kitchen, repainting bedrooms etc for 5 days as well as 6 days in Gloucester looking after our grandtwins, we were, however, able to use our campervan again, this time in lovely warm weather at the Briersfield site at Cheltenham. The only downside was being woken at 3:30 on Friday morning to the sound of an ambulance being recovered after breaking down right next to our van! Apparently the crew used the motel linked to the campsite for breaks and parked the van near our van ( which they shouldn't have done according to the owner) so a very disturbed night, Friday's drive back down to Somerset was once again difficult because of very heavy traffic, the M5 is 'bonkers' on a Friday afternoon.

Fortunately, the only event I have is the Eroica in a months time, so should be able to get back on track and get enough miles in to make the ride enjoyable. There are no Audax planned until July but! I have an eye on the ' Charmouth Challenge' the most southerly fell run in July, have done it twice before, 8 miles over Golden Cap near, Bridport, Dorset, a lovely but hard run.

Having said no running or cycling over the past 2 weeks, lifting, painting, hammering, carrying etc whilst working on the house with eldest have given me a whole body work out that along with lifting 2 twins now 8 months old has had me using muscles I didn't know I had!!
Weather is fabulous at the moment so looking forward to a nice cycle out today, 40 miles planned over the levels, probably one of my favourite routes round Athelney.

No comments:

Post a Comment