Wednesday 29 November 2023

Better week 😊

 Wednesday 29th November 

Man came to do another EPC report on the house, we are thinking the house loses heat quickly, the current EPC said C and 70 but didn’t really indicate wall insulation! So £96 later we are no wiser, except he has upgraded to 71 but still C so no wiser about insulation, many  “assumptions” made ! 

Thursday was Health Walk day, an excellent turnout with 14 of us spending 50 minutes walking around the local park and river bank, followed by coffee in the local YMCA.

Friday saw my longest run for over a year, 6.3 miles down the seafront and round the park, kept a steady pace and kept the HR down 11:50 min miles, 136 bpm average and 160 bpm maximum. Felt ok,  a good run in reasonable weather . It’s the real start to my build up to the 20 Mile I need for the Grizzly next March. 

Saturday was Park Run Marshall on the coldest morning of the year, very heavy frost ! But nice in the sunshine. We went to Weston and sat in the sunshine with our coffee after the park run. 

I concluded my volunteer weekend by marshalling at the Harriers Brent Knoll race, we were lucky with the weather and I clapped and cheered 149 runners past half way up Brent Knoll.

Monday was a wet, cold and windy day and I had to force myself to go running in the late afternoon, but! As I stepped out of the door, it blew, rained and was cold 🥶 so I decided a short quick one would suffice 2.11 miles at 10:23 min miles which was my quickest run in over a year average BPM 136 and maximum 149 bpm so really pleased that the HR was so low  only a run round local streets but glad I got out 😊 

Tuesday I decided to keep up the miles so headed down the seafront and park again, weather was ok, chilly, but dry and no wind. 6.11 miles at 11:35 pace, sadly my HR monitor was playing up so no true readings. Felt ok again, did good stretches when I got back, which seems essential, I must try to do some core and strength work !! 

Wednesday a nice walk up on Brean Down with coffee in the van, very chilly ! The afternoon I decided, no wind! No rain! So give a cycle ride a go 15.09 miles through Mark and Rooks Bridge 2.2 degrees ! Wrapped up warm in winter gear and winter bike, an enjoyable ride, enough for a first ride for a month, roads in places were still very dirty and wet . Really good ride. 

Plumber tomorrow to flush the heating system and Friday hopefully a walk on the Quantocks with my friends Susie and Rosie and Rosie’s dog Ella 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment